If you require any vaccinations relating to foreign travel you will need to make an appointment with a Practice Nurse and advise which country or countries you will be travelling to.
It is important to make this appointment as early as possible - at least 6 weeks before you travel - as the vaccines have to be ordered (they are not a stock item) and is in the best interests of your safety.
Westcourt Medical Centre is able to offer travel advice and immunisation against:
- Hepatitis A
- Diphtheria, Tetanus and Polio
These vaccinations are generally all that are required for Europe, North America and New Zealand, for travel for routine work or leisure purposes, for a period of time not exceeding 4 weeks.
There is further information about countries and vaccinations required on the links below:
.: THERE IS A GLOBAL SHORTAGE OF HEPATITIS A & B VACCINES - PLEASE SEE "LATEST NEWS" FOR MORE INFORMATION :.
Specialist advice and possibly vaccinations other than those that the surgery is able to offer may be needed if:
- destinations other than the countries listed above are to be visited
- multiple countries will be visited
- travel abroad is planned for a period of time exceeding 4 weeks
- charity work, forestry, close contact with animals is planned
- hiking/rambling, backpacking or camping is to be undertaken
In these instances the surgery would recommend that specialist travel advice is accessed. This is chargeable as a private patient and not available on the NHS from the below clinics:-
or in person at:
- Sussex Travel Clinic, 23 Farncombe Road, Worthing, West Sussex, BN11 2AY.
Tel: 01903 254 774
- Boots, 48-52 Montague Street, Worthing, West Sussex, BN11 3HE.
Tel: 01903 207 106